At GoodBye Car we are proud to offer a unique service by giving you the option of having your car valued at home. As well as having 7 physical locations to choose from, our mobile buyers can visit several areas throughout Scotland. Simply enter your registration and postcode to find out if our mobile buyers are in your area.
How do I book a home valuation?
Simply enter your registration into our car valuation tool to receive your quote and book your preferred appointment date. We aim to call you the day before your appointment to confirm that your chosen date is still suitable, and we will then call you the day of your appointment to confirm what time we should arrive.
What happens during my appointment?
A member of our buying team will arrive at your house to inspect your car. They will confirm the valuation of your car which you can choose to accept or decline. If you choose to sell your vehicle to GoodBye Car, we will complete a purchase invoice which you will sign at your appointment and will be emailed a copy of.
When will my car be collected?
We can arrange to pick up your vehicle within a couple of days of your appointment. However, should you wish for your vehicle to be picked up there and then, we can send a driver to your house along with our buyer to collect your car. Simply mention this on your pre-appointment call.
To ensure your home valuation goes smoothly, you must have the following documents;
- Vehicle documentation
- V5 - this must the be age related plate
- Service book, handbook, spare keys, locking wheel nuts, radio and key codes, Sat
- Nav discs etc
- MOT (if applicable)
- If there is outstanding finance, a letter from the finance company confirming their settlement figure and validity
- Personal identification
- Photo driving licence or passport
- One of either: a utility bill, bank or credit card statement, council tax statement (these must be in your current address and match the address on the V5)
- If you are NOT the registered keeper then we will require written authorisation from the registered keeper that you are authorised to sell the vehicle and the registered keepers photo ID
- Your UK bank details and/or that of the registered keeper
You can also sell your vehicle if your car is damaged, or has a private plate.
Why sell with us?
At GoodBye Car, we check our prices against the market daily to offer you Scotland's best value. Plus, we also offer:
- Free valuation in under 30 seconds
- Next working day payment
- 7 day valuation guarantee
- Drop-off points across Scotland and at-home valuations available at selected postcodes
- No hidden fees
- We can settle your outstanding finance