How to sell your car
How to sell your car
Selling your car with GoodBye Car is simple with different options to suit all car owners. From face-to-face to online and on the phone, you can choose an option to suit you.
Once you receive your free, instant valuation and drop off your car, the money will be securely in your bank the next working day, letting you move on to your next car.
With GoodBye Car you don’t need to choose between getting a great price and convenience - you simply get both with a good price and straight forward, quick sale done in just 30 minutes.
Online car selling process
Follow the below three-step process to sell your car:
1. Get your free car valuation
To get started, use the car valuation tool to get an estimated value of your vehicle. It's completely free and comes with absolutely no obligations.
Start by telling us some basic details like your registration and mileage. We’ll then give you a value range based on some assumptions about your vehicle. You can also update your vehicle assumptions so we can take your actual car conditions into consideration when valuing your car.
It’s quick and straight-forward, plus once you’re done, you’ll receive the estimated value you can sell your car for.
2. Validate your valuation
Then, you have three choices including by phone, on your smartphone or in person:
- Sell your car in under 30 minutes - our expert team will call you back in under 30 minutes to discuss your car. We might ask you to submit a few photos of your car or complete a video appraisal with us, where we’ll do a quick walk-around your car to give you a personalised, definite offer.
- Upload a few photos to confirm the price - using your smartphone, upload several photos showing us your car. This will be used to give you a more accurate valuation of the vehicle
- Come into your local GoodBye Car - if you’d like to do everything face to face, simply book an appointment to pop into your local branch so we can check over your vehicle and give you your price. You can find us inside of the Peter Vardy CARZ dealerships across Scotland.
3. Drop off your car
Once you’ve agreed the sale of your car and provided all required paperwork, then all that’s left is to drop off your vehicle and we’ll securely send your payment the next working day. If you decide to book in a face-to-face appointment, this will be done then. When you choose a phone consultation with photos or video, a few checks will be done when you drop off the car.
That’s all it takes to sell your car when you choose GoodBye Car.
What you need to sell your car
To ensure your appointment goes as smoothly as possible, you should make sure you bring everything you need to sell your car:
- Relevant vehicle documentation
- V5 - this must be the age-related plate
- Service book and handbook
- Accessories like spare keys, locking wheel nuts, radio and key codes, sat-nav discs, etc.
- MOT (if applicable)
- If there is outstanding finance, a letter from the finance company confirming their settlement figure and validity
- Personal identification - driving licence or passport
- One of either, a utility bill, bank or credit card statement or council tax statement - the address should match your V5 and driving licence
- If you are NOT the registered keeper then we will require written authorisation from the keeper that you are authorised to sell the vehicle and their photo ID
- Your UK bank details and/or that of the registered keeper
Bringing everything you need to your appointment will guarantee the fastest payment.
GoodBye Car selling locations
When it comes to your appointment to sell your car, we have GoodBye Car locations across Scotland in and around major towns and cities. This helps us make dropping off your car as convenient as possible.
Selling your car on finance
With GoodBye car, you can settle your finance agreement when you sell your car. This can help relieve the financial pressure of a monthly car finance payment or change your vehicle early if your circumstances change.
When you’re settling your car finance, you’ll need to bring an up-to-date letter confirming the outstanding balance for your car. You can find out more about selling a car on finance or speak to our team to discuss selling your car today.