How It Works
Valuing your car with GoodBye Car couldn't be easier.
Simply follow our step by step online valuation guide below to get an instant valuation and the best possible price for your car!
Enter the vehicle’s registration number to get started.
Get your free, instant valuation emailed to you in a matter of minutes.
Book an appointment and sell your car or van
GoodBye Car have a list of eight stellar locations around Scotland, so if you are ready to book an appointment to sell your car, you can choose the most convenient centre for you:
- GoodBye Car Glasgow
500 Hillington Road
Glasgow, G52 4XA
- GoodBye Car Motherwell
99 Airbles Road
- GoodBye Car Edinburgh
24 Seafield Road
- GoodBye Car Kirkcaldy
Michelston Industrial Estate
- GoodBye Car Perth
172 Dunkeld Road
- GoodBye Car Dundee
- GoodBye Car Aberdeen
No matter where you are in the country, we have a location within your reach. Find out how much your car is worth with our free car valuation today.
Selling Your Car With Us
Here at GoodBye Car, we are part of the Peter Vardy group, an established and trusted automotive business that has been dealing with the needs of the Scottish public for over 15 years.
We have made the selling process as straightforward for you as possible, so that you don’t have to do the hard work. Simply enter your car’s registration number in the valuation tool and we will let you know the selling price within minutes.
Then, find the most suitable location for you from the above list, book an appointment, and hey presto! After that, all that’s needed is to attend the appointment with the necessary documentation noted below:
- Vehicle Documentation
- V5 - this must be the age related plate
- Service Book, Handbook, Spare Keys, Locking Wheel nuts, Radio & Key Codes, Sat Nav Discs etc
- MOT (if applicable)
- If there is outstanding finance, a letter from the finance company confirming their settlement figure and validity
- Personal Identification
- Photo Driving Licence or Passport
- One of either, a Utility Bill, Bank or Credit Card Statement, Council Tax statement (These must be in your current address and match the address on the V5)
- If you are NOT the registered keeper then we will require written authorisation from the registered keeper that you are authorised to sell the vehicle and the registered keepers photo ID
- Your UK bank details and/or that of the Registered Keeper
At GoodBye Car, if you have agreed to sell your car, payment will be made directly to your bank account within the next available working day after the sale. Please note this can take 3-5 working days to appear in your account. If you agree to sell us your car, then you will leave the vehicle with us, so please ensure that you have made arrangements for your return journey.
Selling Your Van
It’s not just cars that we are interested in, as you can also sell your van with GoodBye Car. The details remain the same, just enter your van registration number and find out how much your van is worth.
During the pandemic, in-person appointments are continuing but we remind people that masks may be required and social distancing measures remain in place.