One of the most instantly recognisable car manufacturers in the world, Ford has a rich history in the automotive industry. Henry Ford began the journey when he built his first experimental car in a Detroit workshop back in 1896. This was soon followed up by the formation of the Ford Motor Company and the release of the Model T car, which revolutionised the manufacturing of vehicles around the world.
Fast-forwarding to the present day, Ford remains one of the most popular manufacturers in the world, and particularly in the UK. Their reliability and value for money are often pointed to as reasons for their high numbers of sales, and the company appears to be going from strength to strength with some exciting plans for the future, including further ideas for electric vehicles to add to the success of models such as the Mach-E. More electric vehicles will be on the horizon for Ford, too.
When Should You Sell Your Ford?
Knowing the best time to sell your Ford can be tough to get your head around, but we’re here to help. As a general point, the longer time goes on, the more a car will lose value. Therefore, if you’re looking for someone to buy your Ford Focus, then the best time is generally just before plates change in either March or September. By selling just before these changes, you should be able to retain a bit of value on your sale.
Other factors that affect the value of your Ford include mileage, damage, and service history. For example, the further your car has driven, the less the value is likely to be due to wear and tear. Similarly, if your car has sustained any damage in the past and needed to be repaired, this will also reduce the value slightly. Even factors such as the time of year can affect the price, for example a Ford convertible will be worth more in the summer months, as the demand will be higher.
How To Sell Your Ford
We understand that if you have decided to sell your Ford, you want to receive the best price you can, as well as have a hassle-free experience. That’s where GoodBye Car comes in, as we can take the hard work out of selling your vehicle. All it takes is three simple steps:
- Enter your Ford car’s registration number in our free car valuation tool to get the process started.
- We’ll send you your free and instant valuation via email in a matter of minutes.
- Book an appointment at one of our GoodBye Car locations and sell your car.
After you receive your quote, it will be valid for 7 days and it’s important to note that there is no obligation to sell your car at your appointment if you decide to change your mind.
You can get more information on how it works here.
Which Models of Ford Can I Sell?
Here at GoodBye Car, we buy all models of Ford, so whether you are looking to sell your Ford Focus or Ford Fiesta, we will be able to give you a quote for your vehicle. Here are some of the most popular models of Ford that we buy:
- Ford Fiesta
- Ford Focus
- Ford Puma
- Ford Ka
- Ford Mondeo
Can Ford Buy Back Your Car?
During the pandemic, Ford brought in a scheme called the Ford Promise program, whereby Ford would buy back your vehicle if you lost your job by involuntary means within a year of buying a new, used, or pre-owned vehicle. This related to any 2019 to 2021 model year car that was financed through Ford Credit for personal use.
Don’t worry if you don’t meet the criteria for this scheme though, as it’s quick and easy to sell your Ford car with GoodBye Car.
Why Choose Goodbye Car?
We’re all about making things as easy as possible for you when you’re looking to sell your car. Don’t forget, there are several fantastic benefits to selling your vehicle with GoodBye Car:
- Receive a Ford valuation within 3 minutes.
- Quote guaranteed for 7 days after your valuation.
- Best price guaranteed, beating any like for like appraised quote by £100.
- Fast and secure payment: made directly into your bank account within the next working day, and can take just 3-5 working days to appear in your account.
- No hidden fees: the price you see is the price you get.
- Hassle-free: taking the difficulty out of selling your car.
If you have any specific questions about why GoodBye Car is the right service for you, they may be answered in our vehicle valuation FAQs.
Car Brands We Buy
As well as selling your ford, we also buy a huge range of other car brands too. Our full list can be found on the GoodBye Car Manufacturers page, but here are some similar examples to Ford:
- Citroen – Whether you are looking to sell your C3 or Berlingo, you can sell your Citroen to us.
- Vauxhall – We also accept all models of Vauxhall too, so if you are interested in selling your Astra then you can get the best price guaranteed at Goodbye Car.
- Nissan – Any and all models of Nissan are on the table for us to buy, such as a Juke or a Qashqai. Simply enter your registration number and receive a quick quote.
If you have any final questions about selling your Ford online with GoodBye Car, please feel free to contact us and we will answer your query.
First time seller or just need help selling your car? Read our guide to selling cars online.