BMW stands for Beyerische Motoren Werke, or Bavarian Motor Works in English, and they are one of the most famous car brands on the planet. This German powerhouse runs their operations from their headquarters in Munich and has a rich history creating a wide range of vehicles.
They took on the name they currently hold back in 1917 and initially began producing motorcycles in the 1920s, before moving into the sector they are most well-known for in 1928: cars. In struggling to compete against the efficiency and reliability of competitors such as Volkswagen, BMW smartly decided to go in a different direction, and is now seen as a premium automobile brand that is often associated with class and elegance.
Due to the style and prestige, BMW is often popular with those in business and ownership of a BMW can be seen as a sign of wealth. Due to this, you will often find that when you sell your BMW online you will get a great price, as they tend to hold a lot of value.
Other aspects that make BMW popular are that most models feature rear-wheel drive and excellent handling, making the overall driving experience a smooth one.
How To Sell My BMW?
If you have decided to sell your BMW car the process is very straightforward with us here at GoodBye Car.
- Enter your BMW’s registration number into our free car valuation tool to begin.
- GoodBye Car will then email your free and instant car valuation so that it’s with you in under 60 seconds.
- You can then book an appointment at one of our GoodBye Car locations around Scotland, where you can then sell your car.
We’ve taken the hassle out of selling your car, so that you can get a fair price for your vehicle with no hidden fees.
First time seller or just need help selling your car? Read our guide to selling cars online.
Which Models of BMW Can I Sell?
The great news is that GoodBye Car will buy all models of BMW, including the following popular options and many more:
- BMW 3 Series
- BMW 1 Series
- BMW X1
- BMW 2 Series
- BMW X3
So, no matter which type of BMW car or van you have, we will be able to offer you a free valuation. From there, you will be able to see how much you could sell your BMW online.
When should you sell your BMW?
When looking to sell your used BMW, you want to know that you’re getting the best deal possible. A big part of this process is knowing when the best time to sell is. Before coming to a decision, it’s important to know the types of factors that can affect a vehicle’s value, with some examples being:
- Age – The older your car, the more it will have depreciated in value, as a general rule (exceptions include classic or rare models).
- Mileage – The more miles on the clock, the lower the value.
- Condition – If your car hasn’t previously suffered damage, it will retain more of its value.
- Seasonality – Some cars are more valuable at certain times of the year, such as convertibles being worth more in the summer months.
- Previous Owners – The fewer number of previous owners, the better.
- Modifications – These will reduce the value of the car if there are any personal modifications.
All of the above factors contribute to how much a vehicle is worth, so it’s always advisable to keep your car in the best possible condition, so that you’re able to get more for it when it’s time to sell.
So, when is the best time to sell? Look out for the plate changes each year in both March and September. When either of these months pass, your car will be seen as 6 months older, and thus could reduce its value. If you can, it may be best to try and sell just before one of these plate changes happens.
If you own a BMW convertible, you may be better off trying to sell it during the summer months, as there is a much higher demand for convertibles during this time, and thus the value is likely to be higher.
You can use our ‘value my vehicle’ free tool at any time to find out quickly and easily how much your car or van is worth.
Why Choose Goodbye Car?
We realise that there are a number of places that could offer you a quote for your car. So why is GoodBye Car the easy way to sell your BMW? Well, there are several fantastic reasons:
- Get a BMW valuation within 1 minute of entering your vehicle registration number.
- Fast and secure payment, taking just 1 working day to appear in your account.
- No hidden fees, so you won’t get caught by surprise.
- Hassle-free, making selling your car as easy as possible.
Car Brands We Buy
In addition to all models of BMW, we also buy vehicles from the top brands from around the world. For the full list, you can head to our list of GoodBye Car manufacturers. Here are some selected brands we buy that are similar to BMW:
- Audi – If you own an Audi A1 or A3, sell them here.
- Mercedes – Sell your A Class, CLA or GLA Mercedes car here and make your selling experience completely hassle-free.
- Jaguar – We will offer you a valuation for any model of Jaguar, so you could sell your XF or E-Pace here.
Don’t forget to contact us if you have any queries about the GoodBye Car service and we will answer your question.