Sell My Car
Sell my car
GoodBye Car takes the hard work out of selling your car whilst offering you a great price for your vehicle in Scotland. Simply enter your registration and some simple details in our free car valuation tool for a quote in seconds. The price you receive online is an estimate and comes with absolutely no obligations.
It’s that easy to sell your car.
Sell your car in three simple steps
Selling your car with GoodBye Car couldn’t be easier - it takes just three simple steps:
- Get your free, no-obligation quote in seconds
- Book an appointment at your local Scotland GoodBye Car dealership - we’ll check over your car and you can leave it with us
- Complete your sale and we’ll securely send your money the next working day - the money will be in your bank in no time!
Why sell my car with Goodbye Car?
When it comes to selling your car, we understand what’s important. Finding a great price with a quick and easy process.
And with GoodBye Car, that’s exactly what you’ll get. But it’s not only that:
- Get a free quote in under a minute – once you’ve answered a few questions about your car, we’ll show your valuation instantly
- No admin fees or obligations - it’s completely free
- Great price for your car – we review our prices regularly to offer you a great price for your car in Scotland
- Payments are fast and secure – your money will be sent in the next working day
- The price you're quoted is what you’ll receive – there are no hidden fees so as long as you provide honest information about your vehicle, the online estimate is what you’ll receive
- Choose your convenient local branch - with locations across Scotland, you can find a suitable place to drop off your car
- We’re part of the Peter Vardy - as we’re part of one of the UK’s longest-running auto companies, we can take care of all your motoring needs
Why sell my car online?
If you choose to sell your car online rather than part exchanging or selling privately, you’ll not only get a great price but you’ll also save time and energy.
If you sell privately, you’ll have to arrange viewings and test drives, deal with people wasting your time, haggling over the price and when you think everything is agreed upon, then the worry starts about when your money will be sent. If you part exchange it can be easier but you’ll likely receive a much lower offer.
But with GoodBye Car, you’ll get a more than fair price, the money securely in your bank account in days and hassle-free service.
With the money in your bank, you can negotiate a better price on your next vehicle, again helping to save you money.
How much can I sell my car for?
The price you’ll receive for your car from GoodBye Car will vary based on the make, model and specification as well as factors like age, mileage, service history, MOT status, condition and more.
You can find out more in our handy guide on what affects the value of your car.
What do you need to sell your car?
To make the process as easy as possible, make sure you remember a few things when you bring in your car for a check and drop it off:
- The car - seems obvious but it’d be awkward if you forgot it
- The V5 logbook
- Service history book, handbook, spare keys, locking wheel nut, etc.
- Your MOT certificate
- A letter from the finance company if there’s any outstanding finance
- Your ID & proof of address
Our handy guide will tell you the ins and outs of what you need to sell your car.
What car can I sell?
GoodBye Car is able to give you a price for almost any car whether it’s new or old. You just need to tell us a few details about your car for your quote in seconds. This includes the registration, condition and some simple details like service history and how long’s left on your MOT.
Our Scotland locations
Browse all our Scotland branches to find your most convenient location or see if you’re eligible for an at-home car valuation.
Car selling FAQs
Use our free valuation tool and input your registration for a quote in seconds. Then you’ll have to bring your car in for a quick check and leave it with us. We’ll send your payment the next working day.
Your money will be sent securely the next working day after the sale - depending on your bank this may take a few days to appear in your account.
We use the information you provide with some expectations of the vehicle to generate your price. This includes the make and model, age, mileage, MOT and service history, etc.
Yes, we can offer a quote to settle your outstanding balance if you’re selling a car on finance. This quote is based on your remaining finance provider total, the length of the contract agreement, the amount borrowed, when your finance agreement began, and monthly payments.
The quote is an estimation and may not be the correct total of remaining finance on your car. Once you give us an in-date letter that states the exact outstanding finance details from your finance company, we will be able to take that amount into consideration. You can find out more in our selling a financed car guide.
Yes, you can sell your car for parts but you’ll likely be better off selling your car as a whole both financially and in terms of time and effort.
Yes, with our sister company, Peter Vardy, you can part exchange your car. For more information, please contact us and we can talk you through the process.
A number of factors will impact the price you receive for your car including the make and model, age, mileage, number of previous owners, service and MOT records and more.