Sell My Car
Here at Goodbye Car, we’ve taken the hard work out of selling your motor. Just enter your registration number in our free car valuation tool. Receive your valuation in minutes, then book an appointment and your car is sold just like that!
Why sell my car with Goodbye Car?
When you sell your car with Goodbye Car you not only get the fairest price, but quickly and conveniently, too. Here’s why our customers choose us:
- We are part of Peter Vardy, a well-established, well-trusted and family run automotive business that’s been serving Scotland with all their car needs for 15 years.
- You can get a quote for your car in under 3 minutes.
- 5-day price guarantee – your valuation is guaranteed for 5 days after you receive your quote.
- No hidden fees – we won’t charge you any admin fees, so the price you see is really what you get.
- Fast and secure payment – rest assured we’ll send the payment on the next working day of the sale securely.
- Hassle free – selling privately can be tedious, selling with Goodbye Car is easy and simple.
What documents do I need to sell my car?
To sell your vehicle, we will need the following documents:
- Vehicle documentation
- V5 - this must be the age related plate
- Service Book, Handbook, Spare Keys, Locking Wheel nuts, Radio & Key Codes, Sat Nav Discs etc
- MOT with more than 3 months. No MOT? Read our guide on selling a vehicle with no MOT.
- If there is outstanding finance, a letter from the finance company confirming their settlement figure and validity
- Personal Identification
- Photo Driving Licence or Passport
- One of either, a Utility Bill, Bank or Credit Card Statement, Council Tax statement (These must be in your current address and match the address on the V5)
- If you are NOT the registered keeper then we will require written authorisation from the registered keeper that you are authorised to sell the vehicle and the registered keepers photo ID
- Your UK bank details and/or that of the Registered Keeper
Do you buy cars with outstanding finance?
Yes, we can offer a quote to settle your outstanding finance agreement. This quote is based on your remaining finance total, length of contract agreement, amount borrowed, when your finance agreement began, and monthly payments.
However, this quote is an estimation and may not be the correct total of remaining finance on your car. Once you give us an in-date letter that states the exact outstanding finance details from your finance company, we will be able to take that amount into consideration on your quote.
Do you offer part exchange?
Yes, you can use your car valuation towards your next vehicle as a part exchange. Or use the car valuation towards the deposit of a finance agreement on your next car, which will reduce your monthly fee. Our Sales Team will be able to advise on your part exchange agreement.
When will I receive payment for my car?
Within the next working day after the sale, we will make the payment to your bank account. Depending on your bank this may take 3-5 days to appear in your account.
Why sell with us?
At GoodBye Car, we offer Scotland’s best value by regularly checking our prices against the current market.
- Free Valuation in under 45 seconds
- Fast payment
- Valuation guaranteed for 5 days
- Drop off points across Scotland and home valuation available at selected postcodes
- No hidden fees
- We can settle your outstanding finance